Wednesday, October 13, 2010

First portfolio website concept

Didn't I tell you that I would update my blog as soon as I had a presentable portfolio website ready? Well I'm going to live up to that promise today by presenting you my first portfolio website concept. You can find it at Leadhoster, which, by the way, is a great free host with support for PHP.

One note of caution though: the version you see when opening it in Internet Explorer is not as fancy graphically as the version you will see when using Opera, Chrome, Firefox, Safari or any other modern browser that adheres to the W3C standard properly, since IE likes to ignore CSS3 code, and as a result, it is impossible to display rounded corners with that piece of crap browser.

To solve this, I have made a custom style sheet for IE which presents the viewer with a box with sharp corners. Hope is near though for IE users: it seems that IE9 finally interprets these round corners correctly, so when the final version is released, IE fans can experience the rounded corners in all their glory. I hope you like my design! I will add some proper functionality to the website during this or next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment