Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Creating your own place on the World Wide Web...

"Nowadays, anyone who cannot speak English and is incapable of using the Internet is regarded as backward."  – Al-Waleed bin Talal

If you extend this quote, anyone who is incapable of making his or her own "place" on the internet is a backward creator. With this in mind, it is necessary to learn about Web Technology, and we started with that yesterday. A quick introduction to HTML was given to get us started on experimenting with webpage design and in the end make our own webpage.

The end goals for this course are to make your own portfolio and to create the "worst page", a showcase of bad web design. I'm currently experimenting with different layouts for my portfolio, when I have come up with a layout that looks good enough I will mention it here. I'm also really looking forward to the worst webpages, so everybody: do your worst!

No comments:

Post a Comment